Re: Hack in gcc/c-decl.c?

Mike Stump <mrs@apple.com> writes:

| On Dec 29, 2005, at 10:39 AM, Domagoj D wrote:
| >> Also, not all identifiers in all languages have an ht_identifier,
| >> again, for example, java doesn't.
| >
| > Hmm... But tree_identifier in tree.h has an ht_identifier struct. So,
| > is gcc/tree.h C-specific?
|
| Oops, uhm, I mean, just checking to make sure you're paying
| attention.  :-)
|
| I was thinking of cpp_hashcode...

I believe, but I'm not sure, that GCC is using type puning not
guaranteed to work (except "common sense" from "obvious model".)

I guess we just have to wait till GCC is miscompiled (probably by
itself) to see whether the Middle End would cite chapter and verse :-)

Or, we just bite the bullet abd "fix" it.

-- Gaby