Re: default cflags to compile

I need to generate a gcc binary that will always enable the
-fabi-version=1, because I have a library built with gcc 3.3 and I
need to link with it, but I would like to use gcc 4.

The libstdc++ ABI broke between these releases, so unless your library doesn't use libstdc++ at all (somewhat unlikely), there is little point to this.q

The problem is that we are using a closed-source library from Sony (for their robots AIBO, which run on a MIPS) and they don't support anything other than gcc 3.3.

If the library uses libstdc++, does it help if I compile it with -fabi-version? I have added that option to the environment of the build script.

Is there a simple way to do this (a configure option,..) ? or do I
need to patch the gcc/c-cppbuiltin.c file to always define
_GXX_ABI_VERSION as 102?

The latter, as far as I know.

OK, I'll add that patch to our patchset.

Nuno