Updated gcc+llvm patch

Hi Everyone,

Since there is interest, here is an updated version of my patch vs svn://gcc.gnu.org/svn/gcc/branches/apple/trunk/gcc, as of today.

Note: I'm not proposing this for submission yet, I'm just putting it out there for people who are interested in it.

This version of the patch has many bugs fixed and several rough corners rounded off (for example, there are no more hard coded paths in the makefiles anymore, and the llvm-independent objc changes are now in the apple branch instead of the patch). And the patch now includes the new files, instead of having a tarball.

This has been touch tested on powerpc-apple-darwin8.2.0 with --enable- languages=c,objc. C++ support is next on my todo list.

For development, I suggest configuring with --enable-checking, which enables both GCC checking, and linking to the debug version of LLVM libraries.

Speaking of, to use this, you need to check out and build an LLVM tree, and configure the patched GCC with --enable-llvm=/path/to/root/ of/llvm/tree. If you are using a checking build, you need to build the LLVM tarball in debug mode, if you want non-checking, you need a release build (pass ENABLE_OPTIMIZED=1 to make when building the LLVM tree).

As usual, I'm happy to answer any questions and respond to any comments.

-Chris

http://llvm.org/