Re: RFD: C pointer conversions that differ in unsignedness

On Dec 5, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
OBringing bit-fields into the matter is just confusing things since you
can't have pointers to bit-fields, but anyway char is not in a
comma-separated set with signed char or unsigned char and for DR#315 it
was proposed to say that whether char bit-fields have the same signedness
as non-bit-fields is unspecified.

Ah, yeah, simple misread on my part. I meant to use it as a way of identifying when two types are different. Though, [ searching ] curious how it doesn't state that directly, but leaves one to assume it. :-( I think I see value in a reference implementation for the language. :-)