Torbjorn's ieeelib.c

Back in 1999, Torbjorn Granlund posted:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-07n/msg00553.html

That message contains an IEEE floating-point emulation library, like
fp-bit.c.  Howeve, the performance is considerably better; Joseph
measured against fp-bit.c with a modern compiler, and ieeelib.c is about
10-15% better than the current code on EEMBC on a PowerPC 440.

So, we're considering doing what it takes to get ieeelib.c into GCC, or,
perhaps, borrowing some of its ideas for fp-bit.c.

In his original message, Torbjorn indicated that Swox AB (the company of
which he is CEO) donated the code, and the old copyright file had an
entry for Torbjorn, though not Swox AB.  I've contacted Torbjorn, and
he'd still like to see ieeelib.c in GCC.  Is there any copyright issue
that would prevent inclusion of this code?  Assuming all the technical
bits were in order, would we need to get the FSF involved in any way
before including the code?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell