Re: Why doesn't combine like volatiles? (volatile_ok again, sorry!)

On Nov 28, 2005, at 3:13 AM, Robert Dewar wrote:
Possibly, but I think the more interesting observation is listed in
parenthesis: Can a volatile access ever alias a non-volatile access?

I think the answer is no, Certainly Ada has compile time rules carefully written to make this impossible.

gcc is not just an Ada compiler. Clearly, the answer has to be yes to support GNU C.