Re: Creating a partial mirror of the repository with SVK

On Wed, 2005-11-23 at 21:13, Ludovic Brenta wrote:
> I've read the wiki page that explains how to mirror GCC's repository
> using SVK, and I would like to pick up just the parts I need so I can
> keep the size of the mirror below 4 Gb due to limited disk space.
>
> Specifically, I need just a few branches: gcc_3_4_branch,
> gcc_4_0_branch, gcc_4_1_branch, and trunk.  Also I only want to build
> with --enable-languages=c,c++,ada.  In particular I'd like not to
> mirror java, gfortran, objc, or treelang.
>
> Is this possible?  How?

I don't think so.

AFAICT you can mirror only subtrees of the repository.  Thus you can
mirror trunk, or a single branch without problems, but you can't mirror
a subset of the branches (or all the branches and not the tags).

You might be able to mirror each branch independently, but that means
you won't get any benefit of the common code between branches/trunk.
Effectively you would have N independent mirrors of subsets of the
repository.  If the number of branches is small that might still be
better than mirroring the entire repository, but you probably loose the
ability to merge across the mirrors.

R.