Re: Thoughts on LLVM and LTO

On Tue, 23 Nov 2005, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
Diego Novillo <dnovillo@redhat.com> writes:
| On Tuesday 22 November 2005 18:42, David Edelsohn wrote:
| > I will work with the GCC SC and FSF on that issue once the licensing
| > issue is addressed and we know LLVM is a viable option.
| >
| What purpose would that serve?  I'm not concerned about the SC, initially.
| It's the development community at large that needs convincing first.

help me finish converting GCC to something compilable with a C++ compiler.
Without having something concrete to test with, we'll go again over
abstract arguments -- I did the conversion (many times) on my machine
as a proof-of-concept.

Lots of things kept (and are keeping) me busy. But, I'm back now and
working on it.  I'd not mind more hands/help.

Why is this important? I'm finding that compiling GCC with a C compiler and using extern "C" around the headers works just fine.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/
http://llvm.org/