Re: Some GCC 4.1 benchmarks (Re: Thoughts on LLVM and LTO)

Jan Hubicka wrote:
I should note that comparison to ICC is not quite fair since it lacks
Opteron tunning...

I think you may be comparing oranges to tangerines -- not as bad as apples and oranges, but still potentially an invalid comparison.

In my experience the extra registers of the Opteron provide a significant benefit; GCC has an unfair advantage if ICC only generated code for the small set of x86 registers.

..Scott