Re: failed to run testsuite for libstdc++ on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu for target unix/-m32

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 05:44, Rainer Emrich wrote:
> I compared this to an earlier build and I'm sure that the wrong library
> search path is used in this case. It should be:
> Any hints?

It is curious that it got the include options right (-D/-I) but not the
library options (-B/-L).

The option multilibbing is handled by creating scripts in the build
tree, and then having dejagnu run the scripts to get the options.  The
script in this case would be
    $target/32/libstdc++/scripts/testsuite_flags
If should have a 32/ in every path pointing into the build tree for
libstdc++.  If this file is wrong, then maybe something is wrong with
the process used to build it.  The -B/-L options come from CXX in the
parent Makefile.  Does CXX in $target/32/libstdc++/Makefile look OK?

The easy solution here is probably to just do an install, and then the
libraries will be found in the install tree.  It really should work from
the build though, and this needs to be fixed if something is broken
here.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com