Re: GCC 4.1/4.2 Status Report (2005-11-18)

Diego Novillo wrote:
> On Friday 18 November 2005 03:48, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>

>>I would like to better understand the status of GOMP; is it going to be
>>ready for 4.2 within a couple of months?
>>
> Most definitely.  We have been essentially waiting for 4.1 to branch.
> There are 5 modules to merge: library, C, C++, Fortran, middle-end.
> The FEs can be merged in more or less independently from library and
> middle-end.

Great news.  (The GOMP entry on the projects list was just a link to the
project page; it didn't have this data.)

It seems like it makes sense to do the library and middle-end first, and
then the various front-ends in serial?  Do you agree?

I'd like to have a look at the C++ bits before they go in, but I'll not
be looking to make life difficult. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC