Re: question about gcc

Paul Albrecht wrote:
Is there some reason gcc hasn't been or can't be enhanced to provide output for a cross-referencing
programs?

FYI, there are a number of tools available for producing cross-referencing info. See for instance
http://www.gnu.org/software/global/links.html
and try looking at the up-link to global itself also. I found this by searching on the GNU web site. I've never used global myself.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com