Re: backslash whitespace newline

On Oct 26, 2005, at 9:39 AM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
I still am trying to figure out why this was even brought up if it was only due to ASCII art, that seems silly.

sorry ("I find ascii line art silly"); ;-)

We could do that!

If we didn't have any customers or if we expected they wouldn't bring new code in to gcc that traditionally had been compiled by other compilers, I'd see no point in doing it either. When one has no customers or no code being ported into the platform, life is easier. gcc has had a long colorful history of actually having customers (Hi Joe) and having new code ported into the platform, I don't see a reason to abandon that tradition just yet.