Re: backslash whitespace newline

On Oct 25, 2005, at 11:05 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
Why did Apple revert that patch, well because there was push back from
internal developers who did not want to fix their code.  Why should
this case be any difference?

I'm sorry you don't understand the differences. In one, we have every expectation that the code will compile on every C++ compiler out there, except for gcc, and that makes it a gcc bug that has been fixed. The other is a gcc feature that causes code that does compile on every other C++ compiler that I know about to not compile on gcc, so I guess you're right after all, there is no difference, we'd call it a bug that needs to be fixed. :-) Wait, what side were you arguing? :-)

or even worse fork GCC.

Is this like calling someone a Nazi?