Re: backslash whitespace newline

> > > FWIW I support abandoning this behaviour too.
> >
> > I filed bugzilla 24531 about this.
>
> Note this is documented behavior and I don't think we should change it at
> all since it is one more thing to break old gcc code like stuff in Linux kernel.
>
> We have people already complaining about removing extensions.  Why should we change
> this implementionation defined documented behavior.

Oh, one more thing.  This seems like the normal problem of not reading the docs
if something does not work the way you want it to work.

The only thing we can do is point it out that it is documented behavior and
then move on to the next issue.  Also why are we discussing this when
there are more important bugs to fix currently as this behavior has been documented
for a long time, at least 4 years.

-- Pinski