Re: Compilation of Ada under FreeBSD

Frédéric PRACA wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to build a cross-compiler for RTEMS. Building C or C++ cross-compiler
is not a problem but building the Ada compiler does'nt work. In fact, even
building a normal compiler does'nt work at all. The main reason I found is that
the gcc driver of FreeBSD doesn't support ada and it seems that GNAT is not
sufficient. How can I do ?

My search for a native FreeBSD GNAT didn't turn up too much either. The best I saw was either to use the old 3.15p GNAT and bootstrap your way to a recent native compiler as apparently this person does.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2004-November/017632.html

Or to just use the Linux emulation and run the Linux RTEMS tools.

Thanks

Fred

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985