Re: RFC: future gfortran development and subversion

I saw no postings that contained anything like a design for doing this,
etc, to the dev list from you.
http://subversion.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=dev&msgNo=106243

Of course, you seem represent this thread you started as having actually
involved any subversion developers, which it didn't, AFAIK, and as
something that was potentially productive, which it stood no chance of
being, given how you wrote it.
I dont know what you are refering to Dan. If there was something
wrong with the message quoted above please educate me (off this
list), becuase if there was something wrong with what I wrote
I just don't see it. Please note the last paragraph. I am
*volunteering* to make it happen. I asked for advice or pointers.
What replies did I get? "use svn export".

Can you please stop fear-mongering?
Say what??? Expressing an opinion that something is unlikely to
happen, based on lengthy discussions that indicate they wont,
is fear mongering? Come onnnnnnn.

You are being hyper critical, and its not necessary. This thread
has contained numerous reponses with concerns about the move
to svn, or problems users were having with the prototype etc.
I don't see you getting bent at anyone's post other than mine.
I'm not being paranoid here either. When you first announced on
the list the move to svn, I asked simply:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-10/msg00054.html

"What is the actual problem you are trying to solve". The mail was
polite, respectful, non-inflamatory. I was told to shut the f*** up
and read the list archives because I was entering the discussion
late. But let someone *else* ask pretty much the same thing:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2005-10/msg00545.html

And he gets polite, informative responses.

If my FQDN offends you that you (and others) are being so critical
and in many cases downright rude, please remember: I am an individual,
not a corporation. My personal views are wildly divergant from my
employers.

This list is starting to feel downright hostile. Its unprofessional
and uncalled for. But maybe thats just acceptable behaviour if
you're bashing the SCO guy. I may be just an email address you respond
to but I assure you I am a real, live human being, with real feelings
that are capable of (and recently, rather frequently ARE) being
hurt. But that's my problem, not yours.

In case it is not clear to you, and other GCC folks, let me assure
you that it is no accident that the only two projects I wish to spend
my time on are svn and gcc. I have a tremendous amount of respect and
admiration for the developers and designers of both tools. I am
constantly amazed and impressed at the quality and sometimes just
sheer brilliance present in both. And this is not idle flattery, it
is very sincerely meant. So please, in future, try not to look on my
mails as negative, for I *never* intend them to be so.

Sincerely, Kean.