Re: Making a new cross-compile target: where to begin?

On 10/20/05, DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> wrote:

> > Maybe a good place to get clues is to look at how GCC and binutils are
> > built for DOS, e.g. DJGPP.  (I've asked DJ for some help).
>
> Except that DJGPP uses COFF, not a.out.  DJGPP v1 used a.out, but most
> of that support has been removed by now.

Perhaps I'll be able to get away with --target=i386-aout and simply
modifying glibc, newlib or uclibc to use Minix's system calls, and
it'll all work with minor tweaks like the specs files GCC uses.  I'll
try it.  I'll post my experiences to the GCC developers' list in case
others in future find it useful as a starting point to GNU-ify a new
system.