Re: proposed Opengroup action for c99 command (XCU ERN 76)

On Sep 17, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
C++98 came before C99, so who diverged from whom?

You seem to not not how the C++ standard was made. In fact, it come before C99, like it or not. The intention was that C++ would come up with a follow on standard that tracked C99, in next revision, as the 98 revision just didn't allow for it time wise.

It is entirely reasonable to pressfit those aspects of C99 that makes sense in the confines of the C++ standard, into C++. long long is my favorite example of this. We wanted to do it, but, the C99 standard wasn't done enough for our tastes.