Re: RFC: dbxout_type rewrite

On Sep 15, 2005, at 2:26 PM, Devang Patel wrote:

I've now patch ready (based on apple-local-200502-branch) but it requires few bug fixes in darwin GDB. My simple question is : Is anybody interested in reviewing this GCC patch for acceptance in FSF GCC (4.1 or 4.2 or whenever) irrespective of whether associated GDB changes are contributed or not? Apple linker is updated to avoid 't' and 'T' LSYM stabs while removing chunks of stabs. I am not sure how big deal it is for FSF linker. And I do not know whether these linker changes will find its way in FSF linker or not.

The only issue I can see is that someone who uses an older versions of Mac OS X but don't have
access to the newer GDB because building Apple's version of GDB is a little harder than
building than gcc. If you provide a gdb version which is runnable on All of Mac OS X,
this becomes a little mute, like the new cctools and stuff.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski