Re: On which platforms is -fvisibility supported?

On Sep 14, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Jonathan Turkanis wrote:
I've asked this question twice at gcc-help, but got no response.

On which platforms is the -fvisibility option supported?

autoconf will answer this question for you, please use it. Giving you an answer strikes me as dangerous. If you tell us what the real question is, maybe we can answer that one.

ELF, darwin would be my approximate answer, if you had to have one.

The GCC docs here (http://tinyurl.com/99wc8) suggest that it is a subset of ELF platforms. Is that correct?

No. It also works on darwin, darwin is not an ELF platform.