Re: existing functionality questions

On Sep 7, 2005, at 8:58 AM, Michael Tegtmeyer wrote:
Actually, that was the real question, nothing more. I need to be able to determine what member fields of an object passed to a function are visible to that function during an optimization pass.

Ah, now we get to the the start of the real question.

Is there existing functionality somewhere to do that?

No.

All of them is certainly safe, other answers require digging and thinking. A few points to ponder might include: Do you want to know about fields that are accessed indirectly though implicit/explicit calls? Do you want to know what fields are accessed by the compiler without the control of the user? Do you want to know what fields are accessed directly in the body, but indirectly through a pointer to member? Do you want to know what fields are accessed directly thought a regular pointer to non-member?