Re: 4.2 Project: "@file" support

Tristan Wibberley wrote:
I certainly agree with (a). For (b), I think a gcc compiler that is
intended to produce normal Windows binaries should have the same
commandline interface as Microsoft's compiler (I mean *all* of the
commandline interface) - for build scripts and development environments
that expect to see Micrsoft's tools.

This isn;t that difficult to do now -- on Windows, I wrote a wrapper to mask the underlying compiler, so that tools expecting MSVC work transparently with Intel and GCC compilers. Emulating Microsoft exactly doesn't need to be part of GCC itself.

That said, I am a supported of the @file concept in GCC, since it has uses beyond simple MSVC compatibility.

..Scott