Re: DFA recognizer

"Balaji V. Iyer" <bviyer@ncsu.edu> writes:

>    I am adding a DFA scheduler for OpenRISC Processor in GCC. (I have not
> changed anything else). I don't see a difference in assembly at all. I
> would like to know how to make it recognize that there is a DFA
> scheduler.

Which sources are you working with?  In 3.4, you need to define the
target hook TARGET_SCHED_USE_DFA_PIPELINE_INTERFACE and have it return
a non-zero value.

With newer sources, just make sure that INSN_SCHEDULING is defined in
the generated file insn-attr.h.  And, of course, compile with -O2 or
-fschedule-insns.  You can compile with -dS -dR and look at the
debugging dump files.  You can use -fsched-verbose=N to get more
detailed information.

Ian