Re: [patch] Fix i386-mingw32 build failure

Marcin Dalecki wrote:

On 2005-08-10, at 19:05, Mark Mitchell wrote:

The even more correct solution is to not build anything with the compiler (including libgcc) until after it is installed. Then, it will just look where it would normally look, and all will be well.

install host != build host

Most of the time if you do deilver software...

You just don't want the fresh instalation to involve trashing a working tool chain too.

I'm not sure what your point is -- but I'm quite familiar with building cross and Canadian cross toolchains. If the GCC you're building can't run on the host system, then the whole discussion doesn't matter; you're not going to run the GCC in the build directory, in which case the symlinks we're talking about don't matter.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC