Re: [patch] Fix i386-mingw32 build failure

On Sat, Aug 06, 2005 at 01:37:44PM +0200, FX Coudert wrote:
>PING ** 2
>
>Attached patch fixes PR bootstrap/22259 (right now, a simple ./configure
>&& make build fails on i386-mingw32). It creates a special case for
>in-tree as, collect-ld and nm scripts: since mingw32 cannot spawn shell
>scripts, it copies $(ORIGINAL_AS_FOR_TARGET), $(ORIGINAL_LD_FOR_TARGET)
>and $(ORIGINAL_NM_FOR_TARGET) in the tree.
>
>There has been discussion on whether this is the best way to do things
>(see thread from
>http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-07/msg01193.html), but nobody
>suggested another patch that actually makes build possible on
>i386-mingw32. And, from what I have understood, none of the mingw
>maintainers have anything against the patch, but they can't approve it.
>
>Can someone with approval privilege over the build system look at this,
>and OK it? (it's a very simple patch)

Did you read all of the discussion about this the last time this came
up?  The consensus seemed to be that this was not the way to fix the
problem.  I suggested that modifying pex-* functions to understand #!
scripts might be the best way to deal with this.

I will do this eventually, but if you want to take a crack at it,
please feel free.

cgf