re: [GCC 4.2 Project] Omega data dependence test

Sebastian Pop wrote:
> [http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Omega%20data%20dependence%20test]
I can't understand a word of the proposal.
Mabe you were trying to be funny, but it ended up being obscure.
If the average gcc developer can understand it, then
it doesn't matter that I can't, but I have a feeling
others might find it hard to read, too.

But this part caught my eye:

  In a further future, when GCC will finally have a proper
  intermediate representation that can be stored to disk and then
  loaded back to memory, we will transform the SEB into GCC
  contributors.  The plan is to propose the integration of a delta
  debugger (DD) into GCC such that the regression flags will directly
  output a reduced pattern that will show the regression.  A
  pattern-zilla will collect the optimal solution and a testcase that
  show the weakness of a heuristic function.

Since I started playing with delta debugging for tracking down ICEs, I've been thinking it might be nice to have an option to gcc to perform delta debugging automatically if an ICE occurs, and have it automatically submit the minimized testcase. Sounds like you're talking about something similar, but not for ICEs. I wish I understood your proposal better. - Dan