Re: GCC 4.0.1 testsuite uses installed g++ instead of newly bootstrapped g++

On Jul 27, 2005, at 7:04 PM, Paul C. Leopardi wrote:
OK. Looks like a long term project.

Should be as easy as debugging three lines of code. Insert a couple of printf's and voila.

Wild ass guess, did you type make -k check?

Yes. Is there something wrong with that?

No, that is the right command.

In output of make -k check, I did notice that autogen is missing, causing an
"Error 2", but the test carries on regardless. Is this OK?

No. I suspect you clobbered the timestamps on your files some how. Either, re-extract the tar ball preserving the times, or run contribe/ gcc_update -t to update them to be correct. cvs update and cvs co will also yield the wrong times.

Should't hurt too much to do this, though, it can.

9.2. Should I just stop now, install autogen and try again?

No.

Is the command "runtest --tool g++" correct?

cd gcc && make check-g++ is the canonical way to run it.

make RUNTESTFLAGS=old-deja.exp=eh6.C check-g++ will run it much faster.

configure the compiler with --prefix=/tmp/new, then add /tmp/new/bin to your path, then run the testsuite again. Add /tmp/new/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH if thing still don't work. Try again.

Type sh -c 'set' and review your environment for funny things. Get rid of all the funny things.

Beyond that, either take our word for it that it is good, or roll up your sleeves and debug the tcl code near where it checks CXX_UNDER_TEST and find out why it is doing what it is doing.