Re: Guidance please: static or extern __inline__

Kean Johnston <jkj@sco.com> writes:

[...]

| However, I *think* I like the semantics of 'extern inline'
| better: use the inline version for the most part but if,
| for example, you take the address of the function, use the
| actual symbol stat(). But I see that most other fixincs
| use static inline.

I've long come to the conclulsion that "static inline" is the most
palatable form of the whole thingy -- its semantics does not depend on
optimization level.  It is also the form that suits needs for people
who need to write C++ codes that use or interface with C codes.

-- Gaby