Re: rfa (x86): 387<=>sse moves

On Jul 26, 2005, at 3:34 PM, Dale Johannesen wrote:

I think the RA may be missing the concept that memory might be faster than any possible register....
will dig further.

Yes, it is. The following fixes my problem, and causes a couple of 3DNow-specific regressions
in the testsuite which I need to look at, but nothing serious; I think it's gotten far enough to post
for opinions. This is intended to go on top of Paolo's patch
It may, of course, run afoul of inaccuracies in the patterns on various targets, haven't
tried any performance testing yet.