Re: Some notes on the Wiki

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Nicholas Nethercote wrote:

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Daniel Berlin wrote:

Also, a web-browser is much slower than an info-browser, especially when doing searchs.

You must be close to the only user i've met who uses the info browser :)

I use it. Info pages suck in many ways, but they're fast to load from an xterm, fast to search, and even faster when you know where they are in the docs (eg. I find myself looking at the GCC C extensions quite often, and I can get there very quickly).

Most people i've met can't undertand the commands for info (pinfo is nicer in this regard).
Those who use info religiously seem to be emacs users, not "info browser" users.
Hence my surprise.

--Dan