Re: Existing tree functionality?

I'm using gcc initially to do some static analysis with the resuts being sent somewhere else for the time being. I basically just need to gather the variables with visibility outside of the current function. In addition I need as little tree transformation prior to this collection as possible-ie introduction of new temporaries etc. I scheduled a new pass before pass_all_optimizations that simply has pass_referenced_vars and pass_foo as subpasses where pass_foo does the analysis (simply calls debug_referenced_vars() for the moment). Things seem to work for the most part but I'm getting crashes for non-trivial code-mostly templates-that otherwise compiles fine. Am I missing something? Does something else need to be scheduled before pass_reference_vars? I'm using the release version of gcc-4 because I didn't feel like chasing a moving target but is this a known issue where I should be building against the snapshot?

Thanks again,
Mike Tegtmeyer

BTW Diego, I spent about a year doing OpenMP work using your CSSAME library. Small world eh?

Thanks-intraprocedural is all I need.

Sorry, bit new to gcc internals (coming from SUIF), is anything missing
from referenced_vars list or is it complete? docs in tree-dfa.c state
that it doesn't look in statement operands. Does it just collect this
from
the symbol tables?

No.  It collects only the variables that are actually referenced
in the function body.

If you give us a few details of what you're looking for, we can
probably help you better.

Diego.