Re: A trouble with libssp in one-tree builds

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 03:27:23AM -0400, Jakub Jelinek wrote:

The problem is that libssp/configure contains a link test, but we may
not have crt0.o built yet (assuming targets like h8300-elf,
arm-none-eabi, etc).

DJ, can this be solved by toplevel Makefile.in's dependencies or lang_env_dependencies?

No.  You could arrange for libssp to depend on newlib, but that would
only help for in-tree builds; we build newlib out of tree, because we
also support glibc builds, so we try to keep the two fairly similar.

I think we need to finally come up with a way to build the compiler and
libraries at different times.

Yes, definitely. It sounds like libssp has broken the "traditional" build model in which you build compilers, then build newlib, and then build compilers and libraries. At the very least, we need a --disable-libssp option, if that doesn't already exist.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC