Re: [C++] Re: PARM_DECL of DECL_SIZE 0, but TYPE_SIZE of 96 bits

Daniel Berlin wrote:
On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 14:11 -0700, Geoffrey Keating wrote:

Certainly an option; not doing extra work is good.

4. Make sure that template types are incomplete.  That is, with
  TYPE_SIZE/TYPE_SIZE_UNIT unset.

I think this makes a lot of sense considering the language semantics.

It does not make sense to make template types incomplete, as they are in fact complete, and there are situations where the compiler needs to look inside them. (For example, we need to look to see if there's a declaration of "void A<T>::f()" when we see a declaration of such a function.)

I'm not sure why any declaration with dependent type is ever reaching the middle end. That sounds like a problem to me, unless its purely in the context of debugging information.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC