Re: signed is undefined and has been since 1992 (in GCC)

Michael Veksler wrote:

I don't mind MAX_INT+1 being undefined by gcc. I object to drawing from
"undefined" to conclude that is_modulo should be true. This does not
make a practical sense. Drawing conclusions from "undefined" can yield
absurd results.

Yes, but trying to define what you mean by disallowing "drawing conclusions" is close to impossible. You can say that informally, and we sort of know what you mean, but if you try to formalize this at the level of standardized semantics you will run into trouble. This reflects the fact that the notion of forbidding it is not clear, it will be like pornography and the supreme court. For a given example, you will know whether you like it or not, but you will find it hard to generalize the rule.