Re: -floop-optimize2

On Jun 21, 2005, at 12:08 PM, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

I've noticed that -floop-optimize2 tends to be a pessimism on many
algorithms.

What version of GCC, if not the mainline, we don't care that much as the new tree based loop and rtl based loop (-floop-optimize2) optimizers don't implement as much as the old one did. And -floop-optimize2 turns off the old one. Also the loop optimizers are still in development like the rest of GCC.

Is -floop-optimize2 still in development, and not ready yet -- or are
the problems I'm seeing something that should be analyzed and reported
as a bug?

Really -floop-optimize2 turns off the old non CFG RTL based loop optimizers
and nothing more.

-- Pinski