Re: c/c++ validator

Mathieu Malaterre <mmalater@nycap.rr.com> writes:

| Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > Tommy Vercetti <vercetti@zlew.org> writes:

| > | Elsa is for C/C++, so it says on their website.
| > I know what the website says.  My comment was about the actual *uses*
| > of the parser.  Have you tried it on actual C++ programs?
|
| How about gccxml:
|
| http://www.gccxml.org

It is a not C++ parser :-) -- if you're interested in function bodies
and other more fundamental things, you lose.  It suffers from the same
problems (at least ones we've found quite annoying) of using GCC
currently:  too much of low-level stuff directly geared to code
generation as understood by GCC now, and C++ programs are not
represented at the most abstract level (contrast that with a
celebrated C++ front-end on the market).  And it also shares problems
with Elsa, no real support for templates (although the case of Elsa is
slightly "worse" :-)).  Now, if you're just interested in simple
"toplevel" decls, then that might be fine :-)

-- Gaby