Re: Reporting bugs: there is nothing to gain in frustrating reporters

On Jun 16, 2005, at 10:13 AM, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

1) Bugmasters could be less perfunctory and pejorative in their
comments. Examples have been given.

But you don't see all the thank you emails I get too because they are almost always in a private email. And most of the time I don't close a bug unless I am really really sure that the bug is invalid. I usually say "I think this is invalid".

There was a public thank you to me yesterday:
<http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2005-06/msg02124.html>.

-- Pinski