Re: Visual C++ style inline asms

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, at 06:29 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Tue, Jun 14, 2005 at 09:26:11PM -0400, Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Jun 14, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Mike Stump wrote:

Any objections to adding Visual C++ style inline asms?

Mike, you're going to get more useful feedback if you ask a question with some details in it. Not all of us use Microsoft compilers.

:-) Don't worry, so far, I am just consensus building to prep people for the idea, that, one day I suspect that we may well be doing it. No one said over my dead body. :-)

I don't know off-hand, how exactly MS asm differs from C asms, nor all the details of MS asms, so I can't give many details. If people want to see what this type of support looks like, as CW asm support, they can check out the current apple branch.

If someone wanted to describe MS asms in detail, I'd be interested. Maybe the wiki would be a good place to home it.