Re: Reporting bugs: there is nothing to gain in frustrating reporters

On 6/15/05, Scott Robert Ladd <scott.ladd@coyotegulch.com> wrote:
> Giovanni Bajo wrote:
> > Agreed. But keep in mind that it is not necessary to reply: once the bug is
> > open and confirmed, the last comment "wins", in a way. If the bugmaster
> > wanted to close it, he would just do it, so an objection in a comment does
> > not make the bug invalid per se.
>
> But an objection from one of the bugmasters *is* enough to keep people
> from presenting a patch.

How do you come to this conclusion?  From my experience this
is untrue - bugs get fixed because either someone feels resposible,
it's too easy to do, or someone has personal interest in getting the
bug fixed.  Negative or positive comments do not change this.

Richard.