Re: Fixing Bugs (Was: A Suggestion for Release Testing)

On Jun 14, 2005, at 10:14 AM, Scott Robert Ladd wrote:

Gentoo provides a mentoring system for developers. This is far better
than GCC's "fix it yourself and send us the code" policy. There is no
gentle way to become involved in GCC; it's a sink-or-swim, trial by fire
environment. If I could get a half-dozen quick questions answered, and I
could submit a couple of patches that are lying about on my hard drive.

We don't do that, we request the source of the failing source and most of
the time say how to fix the original code if it was invalid code.

I have not seen one recent bug report from you so I don't understand why
you are complaining!

Thanks,
Andrew P