Re: Need GCC 3.3.6 PGP Signing Public Key

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
>| Gaby added his key to the website now, but I agree that we should make
>| sure the keys are sufficiently well signed by other members of the free
>| software (or open source) community.
> I'm a bit surprised because I uploaded my new key last december,
> shortly before signing 3.3.5.

As far as I understand, it's not a question of these keys being available
on a key server, but having sufficiently many signatures and proper paths
of trust.

For example, I could easily create a key for Gabriel Dos Reis
<gdr@pfeifer.com> and upload it to the key servers, or some evil
hacker could do something similar.

>| Many of us will meet at the GCC Summit next month in Ottawa
> I'm planning to be there.

Excellent.  Let's make sure you'll get one or two dozen of signatures
for your PGP key there! :-)

Gerald