Re: Compiling GCC with g++: a report

 >  > unrestricted use of C++ keywords; declaring structure fields with
 >  > the same name as a structure tag in scope.
 >
 > I don't think we should be reverting patches that fall afoul of these
 > last two, even if they break Gaby's build-with-a-C++-compiler
 > builds. But, I would tend to accept patches from Gaby to fix such
 > problems.

This reminds me of the last time we were coding to two C-family
variants, named K&R vs ISO.  I had improved -Wtraditional to the point
where it caught most problems, and we had macros (PARAMS, etc) to
cover most other cases.

Now we have e.g. XNEW* and all we need is a new -W* flag to catch
things like using C++ keywords and it should be fairly automatic to
keep incompatibilities out of the sources.  IMHO Gaby should volunteer
to write the new -W flag, it'll be easier for him than fixing breakage
after the fact.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu