Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

peter@the-baradas.com (Peter Barada)  wrote on 17.05.05 in <20050517210315.50DFE9842C@baradas.org>:

> Its a 266Mhz ColdFire v4e machine, about 263 BogoMips, 1/20 the
> BogoMips of my workstation, and with an NFS rootfs, it gets network

BogoMips are called BogoMips because they are not comparable among
different CPUs. All they measure is how often the CPU needs to run a
particular near-empty loop to delay a certain time.

There usually is a small factor which can convert between BogoMips and CPU
MHz for every CPU model. It would seem to be 1 for your ColdFire; it
happens to be 1/2 for my Athlon (bogomips: 2287.20, cpu MHz: 1145.142).

Comparisions like yours are worse than meaningless.

MfG Kai