Re: GPU-aware compiling?

Do you think - theoretically - that a compiler could help compiling software, which would in turn use the power of the GPU to make some of the computations?

Theoretically -- yes. Of course. But...

Like now we have compiler options like "-mmmx -msse -msse2 -msse3
-m3dnow" - would it be possible to optimize the code of the binary to use the GPU with "-with-nvidia-gpu" or "-with-ati-gpu"?

I would like to hear some theoretical discussion about that.

That's not what these mailing lists are about; they are about improving the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC, for short). Why not take it to comp.compilers or something like that?

Segher