Re: GCC 3.4.4 RC2

On 2005-05-16, at 22:03, Mark Mitchell wrote:

Georg Bauhaus wrote:

On Mac OX X 10.2, the results are slightly discomforting,
even though I do get a compiler with
--enable-languages=c,ada,f77,c++,objc.
gcc summary has
# of unexpected failures        1080

First, I would suggest disabling Ada, in order to get further.

As for the GCC failures, 1080 is certainly enough to say that the compiler is not working very well. It may be the case that GCC 3.4.4 requires newer versions of Apple's "cctools" package than you have installed -- and that the newer cctools cannot be installed on your version of the OS. If that's the case, there may be no very good solution.

I highly recommend NOT TO install cctools as casual. Ignore them. They are overriding other components of the main developer packages and missing an uninstall script.