Re: libgcc_s.so.1 exception handling behaviour depending on glibc version

On Wed, 18 May 2005 22:02:37 +0100, Paul Brook wrote:
> Rubbish. You've obviously never tried to install two third party windows
> applications that require two different revisions of msvcrt.dll, or even
> worse two random versions of an OCX control.

And Linux has dependency hell.

As a long time contributor to the Wine project, I think I know what
problems Windows has with dynamic linking. I never said it was perfect.

Nonetheless, Windows (especially in the past few years) has significantly
fewer issues with this than Linux does. Partly that's because the
Microsoft toolchain doesn't helpfully give you dependencies on Windows XP
without you asking - for obvious reasons! Can you imagine the bad
publicity they'd get if it looked like they were trying to force people to
upgrade?

thanks -mike