Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

On Tue, 17 May 2005, Hugh Sasse wrote:

> On Tue, 17 May 2005, Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>         [...]
> > shortly.  All those posted (at least this month) seem to get posted with
> > subject lines which do not match the normal form produced by test_summary
> > and so don't get so readily found by my script which counts how many test
> > results postings there are for different versions and targets.  For
> > example, [Example *very* trimmed -- hgs@dmu.ac.uk]
> > comparison to 4.1.0 20050416 (experimental)".  Ensuring your test results
> > use the standard Subject header format makes it more likely they can
> > handled properly by sites processing the gcc-testresults postings into
>
> Is this standard documented (where?), please? I ask because the
> script that generates these has few comments, so it's a little
> difficult to know what will break when 'meddling' :-) with it.

It's a de facto standard: don't modify your Subject header from that
test_summary generates; there are plenty of examples on gcc-testresults of
what the headers should look like.  You can rewrite the shell script
output by test_summary - all the test summaries sent by CodeSourcery
Automatic Testing System rewrite the script to control the From address -
but preserve the subject header when you do so or when you send the
summary manually.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)