Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?

On May 16, 2005, at 2:46 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:

No company is going to spend money on fixing this until we adjust
our (collective) attitude and take this seriously.

We could call ulimit() to force everyone to have less available RAM. Connect it with one of the maintainer flags, like enable-checking or something, so it doesn't penalize distributors.

We already do that for when checking is enabled, well the GC heuristics are tuned such that it does not change which is why --enable-checking=release is always faster than without it.

-- Pinski