Re: Questions about a constant array reference in the C++ front end

Nathan Sidwell schrieb:
Stefan Strasser wrote:

I don't know anything about fold but in general a c++ array in the
frontend is cv-qualified, not its elements.

this is untrue. the elements hold the qualification.

right

I have been processing large source codes including STL, boost and
custom code including function bodies and I have never seen a
RANGE_EXPR. I suppose it's only used at later stages or only in other
language's frontends.

Incorrect.  RANGE_EXPRs get generated during processing of an array's
initializer -- very early on in the C++ FE.

as said there have not been one case in large sources.

I can't recall exactly. It might be for default initialization.
Something like
	ptr = new int[100] ();

...does not initialize anything

int ar[]={0,0,0,0}; does, but not with RANGE_EXPR

-- Stefan Strasser